Toodyay DHS is located in the Wheatbelt town of Toodyay, 88kms north-east from Perth in the highly popular Avon Valley notated for its tourism. The town is steeped in history, being one of the earliest inland settlements. Originally the town was settled as Newcastle, in the location now called West Toodyay. The town was relocated due to flooding, and renamed Toodyay, which means a place of plenty or place of mist.
The school has changed location several times, moving to its present site in 1956. It was rebuilt in 1993 after fire devastated most of the buildings. The school has a long and respected history, which is reflected in the many parents of current students who attend the school.
Toodyay DHS is a school that provides a supportive and caring environment for all students. Within this safe and positive environment all members of the school community have;
- the right to work and learn,
- the right to feel safe,
- the right to respect and fair treatment
- the right to achieve excellence.
We acknowledge that all parties including staff, administrators and parent/carers or family need to share responsibility for encouraging students to demonstrate appropriate behaviour.
The Principal works closely with the School Council in forward planning and decision-making. Council members are made up of elected members from the community, with staff representation. We have an active P and C Committee, mentors who visit the school, and a very strong Chaplaincy group. These volunteers are respected for the valuable contribution they make.
Welcome to Toodyay DHS!