The purpose of the School Council is to enable parents and members of the community to engage in the activities that are in the best interests of the students and enhance the education provided by the school. The School Council is responsible for endorsing and monitoring development across a number of areas which include:
- Aspects of curriculum and school policy
- Code of conduct for students
- School development plan
- School budget
- School dress code
- School performance
- Promoting the school
Terms of office are for two years for parent & community representatives. Details of nominations and elections are called annually through the various school media. When nominations are put out, we welcome your involvement.
PARENTS AND CITIZENS ASSOCIATION
Your P & C serves to promote the interest of the school, and as a parent body we are solely focused on improving the educational outcomes for our children. We do this via:
- Promoting the swchool within the community
- Assisting in provision of resources for the school ie through fundraising
- Provide a forum for the interaction between parents, teachers & students.
See the Parents and Citizens Assoc page for further information.