Parents and Citizen Association
TOODYAY DHS Parents & Citizens Assoc
PO Box 1624, Toodyay, WA 6566
Facebook page search: Toodyay DHS P&C
The Toodyay District High School Parents & Citizens Association (P&C) promotes cooperation between parents, students, staff and community members for the benefit of all students at Toodyay District High School.
We promote the interests of 320 students from kindergarten to year 10.
In partnership with the school, the P&C helps to raise funds to improve facilities and access to resources and opportunities for all students.
In 2020, the P&C made financial contributions towards a new bike path in the early childhood area and subsidised the cost of bus transport for the interschool sports carnival and year 6 camp.
In 2021 and beyond, commitments have been made to:
- resurface the basketball court in the primary school area;
- install lockers for secondary students;
- install shade sails throughout the school’s playground areas;
- support library upgrades including a new circulation desk and furniture; and,
- other priorities to be determined by the school, council and P&C in the 2021 calendar year.
How do we do this?
The volunteer run canteen food service generates income for the P&C. We also raise funds through gift stalls, events, activities, catering services, donations, grants and sponsorship.
In 2020, the P&C raised funds by:
- Operating a canteen service two days per week
- Catering services for staff professional development days and the Year 10 graduation
- Hosting Mother’s Day and Father’s Day gift stalls
- A faction carnival day sausage sizzle and refreshment stall
- A Halloween disco
- A wine sales fundraiser
- Registering for the Containers for Change refund scheme
- Launching ‘A tonne for Toodyay DHS’ and the ‘Farming for Toodyay DHS’ initiatives
- A colour run refreshments stall, and,
- A slushy stall at the Toodyay Christmas Street party
Beyond these revenue streams, the P&C relies on donations and grants to support its activities.
By far the most important assets we have are the parents, supporters and volunteers whose efforts enable us to support our school. There are lots of ways people can help, and how you help is up to you.
To receive a membership form, please email email@example.com, message via the facebook page – search ‘Toodyay DHS P&C’, or pick up a membership form from the school office. Contact Kelly-Anne Murray (President) on 0406 585 716.