School bus services
To help with student transport, there is a school bus service.
To be eligible for Transport Assistance, a rural student attending a mainstream school must, under normal circumstances:
- Be enrolled at their nearest appropriate school.
- Be at least three years and six months and less than 19 years of age.
- Regularly attend their school.
- Reside more than 4.5km from their school.
- Reside outside designated Public Transport Areas.
For more information with regard eligibility for Transport Assistance, click here.
Students travelling on buses are expected to behave appropriately on the service and in accordance with the general principles set out in the 'Code of Conduct' and in particular conditions of travel which parents/carers acknowledge when they apply for Transport Assistance.
How to apply:
The parent/carer of the student(s) must complete an application for Transport Assistance.